Display Home Insurance is needed when you buy a house from a builder that has a lease back option to allow the builder to lease the property back from the purchaser and use the property as a Display Home. This lease period can often be anywhere between 1 and 3 years.
A standard Household Building and Contents policy does not provide cover for these homes as they are not being occupied and used as a residential family home. In addition, a standard residential landlords policy does not apply as a standard residential lease is not in place.
We can arrange a specific Display Home Insurance Policy for this kind of arrangement that provides cover for:
- The Building – including Landlords Fixtures & Fittings.
- Loss of Rent Cover. This means that if there is a claim under the policy (e.g. Fire Damage, Storm Damage etc.) and the property cannot be used as a display home while repairs are being carried out, the builder (your tenant) will not have to pay you rent. This policy provides the rental income that you are missing out on during this time.
- The policy also provides Public Liability cover for you as the property owner.
- Glass, both internal and external, is covered against damage.
- There is also the option to add Flood cover to the policy.
For a quotation or more information on Display Home Insurance, please visit our dedicated website below, or contact one of our friendly team on 1300 769 455.
Now there’s a new website, dedicated to Display Home Insurance – Brought to you by Builders Broker, our dedicated website for Display Home Insurance.
You can complete a detailed enquiry form here and we will get back to you with a quote.
We can arrange a specific Display Home Insurance Policy that provides cover for:
- the building
- public liability cover
- optional flood cover
- PLUS LOSS OF RENT COVER
An essential cover that every landlord owner needs is Loss of Rent.
If there is a claim under the policy (e.g. Fire Damage, Storm Damage etc.) and the property cannot be used as a display home while repairs are being carried out, the builder will not have to pay you rent. This policy provides the rental income that you are missing out on during this time.
Our policy can provide Loss of Rent Cover for your Display Home. Not all policies provide this essential cover for the landlord.
Go to display-home-insurance.com.au to get the most comprehensive display home insurance available.